This is a list of all reported fire/drill incidents.
|2018-02-13 17:51:00||0186 - Woodland Glen 4, ST0000B||
Fire occurred in a dryer located in the first floor laundry room. Occupants pulled fire alarm and called 911 evacuated building. Damage to dryer, contents, and smoke damage to room. No injuries, fire dept. responded and extinguished fire, removed burned materials and damaged dryer, and vented smoke from the building. Damage contained to laundry room and dryer unit.
|2017-12-29 12:01:00||4608 - Womens Cabin #2, 0001||
A kerosene heater being used in cabin 2 at J.M. Feltner 4-H Camp by staff painting the interior caught fire. Staff turned off heater and left cabin. Damage to heater and minor smoke to cabin. Buildings are unoccupied this time of year, no injuries and no fire department response.
|2017-12-05 14:32:00||0122 - DELTA GAMMA SORORITY, 0001||
Occupanst smelled something burning and pulled fire alarm and evacuated building. Lexington Fire on scene found breaker disengaged in electrical panel caused by a window air conditioning unit in basement that had shorted out and scorched the outlet and wall. No injuries and damage limited to wall and unit.
|2017-09-10 18:00:00||0677 - University Flats, Outside||
A small fire occurred in a room as a result of grease dripping from a pan onto a burner on a stovetop. Student used fire extinguisher to put out fire. No injuries or damage.
|2017-08-16 12:57:00||0095 - Jewell Hall, 0101C1||
A paper flier that hung in an elevator was burned also causing minimal damage to the protective tarp that covers the elevator walls. The flier was reported hung on August 11, 2017 and damage first noted August 15, 2017. Minimal damage to the protective tarp and no injuries.
|2017-08-12 13:00:00||0677 - University Flats, Outside||
A student was cooking food inside of the oven and left the area. Food inside burned and caused alot of smoke inside of room and hallway. No damage to room or surrounding area and no injuries.
|2016-10-24 16:33:00||0068 - DELTA DD SORORITY, 0200||
Occupants noticed smell of smoke and burning and pulled fire alarm. The cause was electrical wires inside of box on second floor has shorted and melted. Lexington Fire responded and shut power off to facility. Electrician arrived and corrected the issue and then restored power to facility. No injuries or damage.
|2016-09-14 09:30:00||0262 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 20, 0186||
A fire occurred when a pot being used on the stove was left unattended and resulted in fire and smoke damage to stove and surrounding area. Lexington Fire and UKPD responded. No injuries reported.
|2016-09-04 12:01:00||0106 - COMMONWEALTH VILLAGE,||
Student was cooking something on the stove and then left the apartment. Upon return the stovetop and cabinet above were on fire and smoke detector going off. Student used buckets of water to extinguish - did not initiate 911 call or notify anyone. Fire damage discovered and reported by Uk Housing personnel on 09-07-16.
|2016-09-07 18:50:00||0008 - BOYD HALL, Unknown Room||
A small fire occurred in the oven of the 7th floor kitchen. Someone left food inside and turned on the self cleaner, igniting food inside and setting off smoke alarm. Fire self extinguished, Lexington Fire responded cleared the food and smoke. Damage contained to oven.
|2016-05-06 08:12:00||0150 - KIRWAN III, 0008||
A fire occurred inside of a trash can in the basement floor lounge area. The fire was reported to an RA who in turn called 911, pulled the alarm to evacuate the building, and utilized a fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire. Damage limited to the trash can.
|2016-05-02 05:30:00||0123 - Blazer Hall, 0314||
A fire occurred in the oven of a common kitchen area due to an unattended pizza eft cooking in the oven. Damage was limited to oven and was extinguished by fire extinguisher.
|2015-11-11 07:30:00||0123 - Blazer Hall, 0314||
A fire occurred inside of a common kitchen area on the third floor.. Grease inside of an oven had ignited, damaging the over/stove and smoking up the kitchen and hallway. Fire was extinguished by Lexington Fire. Damage limited to the stove.
|2015-09-29 16:43:00||0568 - David P Roselle Hall, 0410||
A student was cooking and while cleaning up a spill on a stove, the paper towels caught fire. Extinguished using a cup of water. No damge or injury.
|2015-08-30 21:15:00||0188 - Woodland Glen 5, Unknown Room||
Student was baking cookies and dropped product onto the bottom of oven which ignited. Student used a fire extinguisher to put out. No damage to oven or area besides a few burn marks and needed cleaning. Students reported to front desk RA.