Faculty, Staff and Students
Stormwater Pollution Prevention Tips
- Wash department vehicles only at Parking and Transportation or at a commercial car wash.
- Dispose of cleaning water into sanitary sewer drains only. If chemicals are present, however, refer to the Drain Disposal Request.
- Ensure all laboratory waste and hazardous waste is disposed of properly.
- Make sure students doing research have been trained in proper laboratory techniques and waste disposal requirements. Make sure the students understand potential problems which may arise as a result of chemical interactions or accidentally mixing the wrong chemicals. Visit the Occupation Safety and Health website for information on safe laboratory practices.
- If you are interested in volunteering for campus clean-up or storm drain marking events, contact the Environmental Management Department at 323-6280.
GeneralFriends of Wolf Run
UK Kentucky Water Resources Institute
Kentucky Geological Survey (KGS)
UK Sustainability Committee
Environmental Protection Agency - Stormwater Program
Kentucky Dept. for Environmental Protection’s Naturally Connected
Kentucky Division Water
Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government – Stormwater Program
Pollution prevention tips and information