Campus Fire Log

Time Location Description
Back to top
2014-08-22 11:00:00 Blazer Hall Contractor noticed sparks and flame coming from an electrical outlet connected the ADA button to the door. Fire caused by a power disruption. Damage limited to electrical connection and outlet. No injuries.
2014-02-25 16:03:00 G Page St Vu Bldg 1 Fire in bathroom exhaust fan fixture damaged ceiling and surrounding area. Occupant alerted by smoke detector and exited the apartment and called 911 from neighbor. Lexington Fire Department extinguished. No injuries, damage to bathroom area.
2014-02-17 16:20:00 Shawneetown A A fire occured in the mechanical room of facility. Fire was caused by a stove that was left on and spread to a cabinets, work area and wall before extinguished by the fire department. No injuries to report and property damage under $10,000.00.
2013-11-24 10:37:00 Keeneland Hall A small fire occurred in Blazer Cafe while cooking. Staff used an extinguisher to put out. No evacuation, 911 call, or report initiated. No damage to stove or surrounding area. Reported after routine extinguisher inspection noted use.
2013-10-25 22:30:00 Blanding Tower A resident discovered posters on wall in common area burning and extinguished with water. No fire alarm, sprinkler or 911 call initiated. Damage to posters only, no property damage or injuries.
2013-10-01 18:19:00 Kirwan I Single dryer caught fire in the basement laundry room. Student discovered fire and pulled fire alarm and evacuated the building. Damage was limited to the unit and connecting vent.
2013-09-13 18:03:00 Holmes Hall Fire from an electrical outlet caused by a damaged iphone charger plugged into it. Extinguished by student in room. Damage limited to wall and outlet.
2013-09-07 03:18:00 Patterson Hall Fire inside microwave damaged it and the floor underneath.
Environmental Health and Safety

University Fire Marshal

252 East Maxwell Street
Lexington, KY 40506-0314

Phone: (859) 257-6326
Fax: (859) 257-8787

Annual Fire Safety Report