Campus Fire Log

TimeLocationNature
2014-02-17 16:20:00SHAWNEETOWN A A fire occured in the mechanical room of facility. Fire was caused by a stove that was left on and spread to a cabinets, work area and wall before extinguished by the fire department. No injuries to report and property damage under $10,000.00.
2013-11-24 10:37:00KEENELAND HALL A small fire occurred in Blazer Cafe while cooking. Staff used an extinguisher to put out. No evacuation, 911 call, or report initiated. No damage to stove or surrounding area. Reported after routine extinguisher inspection noted use.
2013-10-25 22:30:00BLANDING TOWER A resident discovered posters on wall in common area burning and extinguished with water. No fire alarm, sprinkler or 911 call initiated. Damage to posters only, no property damage or injuries.
2013-10-01 18:19:00KIRWAN I Single dryer caught fire in the basement laundry room. Student discovered fire and pulled fire alarm and evacuated the building. Damage was limited to the unit and connecting vent.
2013-09-13 18:03:00HOLMES HALL Fire from an electrical outlet caused by a damaged iphone charger plugged into it. Extinguished by student in room. Damage limited to wall and outlet.
2013-09-07 03:18:00PATTERSON HALL Fire inside microwave damaged it and the floor underneath.
2013-02-26 00:00:00CHI OMEGA SORORITY Active fire damaged boiler and surrounding area. Extinguished by Lexington Fire and no injuries and damage contained to boiler unit and surrounding area.
2012-11-23 23:00:00G PAGE ST VU BLDG 4 Fire occurred inside oven as a result from cooking. Resident used fire extinguisher to put out.
2012-11-07 22:30:00KIRWAN I Burned toilet paper and ash residue found in a shower stall.
2012-08-22 20:48:00BLAZER HALL Fire occurred on the grill in the Blazer cafe kitchen. Fire suppression system failed to activate and flames were extinguished by fire department.
2012-04-18 19:18:00DONOVAN HALL Small muclh fire on exterior of building caused by discared smoking materials. Lexington Fire responded and extinguished the blaze. No damage to building or property.
2012-04-10 23:06:00KIRWAN TOWER A small fire occurred in a trash can on the exterior of the building. Fire was extinguished by UKPD with a fire extinguisher. The fire was reported by passerby. Damage limited to trash can.
2012-04-08 23:20:00PATTERSON HALL Small fire in trash can on exterior porch of residence hall. 911 call initiated Lexington Fire response extinguished fire. No building damage or injuries.
2012-03-21 08:15:00KIRWAN IV A small fire occurred in a trash can on the exterior of the building. Anonymous caller reported. Fire was extinguished prior to arrival. Damage limited to trash can.
2012-03-17 07:38:00G PAGE ST VU BLDG 1 Small fire ignited in bathroom exhaust fan. Fire extinguished by resident with fire extinguisher. Damage to fan and small area around on wall.
2012-02-12 20:18:00BLANDING IV Discarded cigarette into vent adjacent to exterior of building ignited debris and leaves at the bottom and created heavy smoke. Lexington Fire Department responded and extinguished. No fire or smoke damage to building
2011-12-19 01:00:00COOPERSTOWN BLDG. B Kitchen fire contained to stove top. Fire extinguisher used - no property damage
2011-04-18 17:25:00PHI DELTA THETA FRAOven mitt caught fire from heat radiation while lying on top of a shelf above stove. Damage limited to metal shelf.
2011-02-15 19:30:00PHI DELTA THETA FRAOil cleaning towels ignited in a container in the kitchen, removed from building by students
2011-02-10 17:43:00BLANDING II Halogen light fell onto student bed smoldering and burning a hole through it.
2010-09-09 20:34:00DALE E BALDWIN Small fire in trash can in front of building caused by discarded cigarette and extinguished by student using cup of water.
2010-09-01 16:00:00ALPHA DELTA PI SORORMulch fire outside structure next to public sidewalk caused by discarded cigarette
2010-08-31 18:52:00BLAZER HALL Burned popcorn bag thrown into trashcan in trashroom and smoked up hallway and melted plastic lining
2010-08-13 17:36:00COOPERSTOWN BLDG. G Subject was burning papers in the oven which caught on fire
2010-03-29 16:49:00BLANDING TOWER Fire confined to contents of microwave in student's room
2010-03-24 19:44:00COOPERSTOWN BLDG. F Small grease fire on stove smoked up apartment
2010-03-06 03:15:00SAE FRATERNITY HOUSEOccupant wrapped in toilet paper and set on fire
2010-02-24 07:03:00COOPERSTOWN BLDG. B Fire in mechanical room; confined to boiler
2009-10-20 11:53:00Delta Sigma Phi FratContents of dryer ignited
2009-10-18 10:35:00DONOVAN HALL Vehicle fire outside of building.
2009-09-19 16:18:00KAPPA DELTA SOR Coals from grill deposited on interior carpeted stairwell
2009-08-26 15:59:00G PAGE ST VU BLDG 13Fire resulting from discarded smoking materials
2009-08-17 14:49:00G PAGE ST VU BLDG 1 Exterior garbage dumpster fire
2009-06-29 08:02:00KIRWAN III Fire resulting from iginition of grease/dust associated with laundry exhaust motor
2009-04-30 04:39:00KIRWAN I Exterior garbage can fire - active flame and extinguished by fire dept.
2009-04-25 14:28:00KAPPA SIGMA FRAT Mulch fire outside
Environmental Health and Safety

University Fire Marshal

252 East Maxwell Street
Lexington, KY 40506-0314

Phone: (859) 257-6326
Fax: (859) 257-8787

Annual Fire Safety Report

Staff

Organizational Chart

Complete EHS Staff Listing