Welcome to the University of Kentucky's Occupational Health And Safety Division. UK safety begins with you!
This department is responsible for all OSHA-related programs, such as respiratory protection, hearing conservation, bloodborne pathogens, hazard communication, laboratory safety, and many others. The department also conducts fume hood inspections, indoor air quality investigations, accident investigations, and assists units with general safety procedures, such as ladder safety, chemical storage safety, electrical safety, and construction safety.
- Utility Cart Training
- Chemical Safety Board Investigation into Recent Academic Lab Accidents
- Automated External Defibrillator Use
- Chematix Chemical and Waste Management System
- High Schoolers in UK Laboratories Program
- Laboratory Safety Refresher Training (Coming Soon)