Welcome to the University of Kentucky's Health & Safety Department. Health & Safety is responsible for all OSHA-related programs, such as respiratory protection, hearing conservation, bloodborne pathogens, hazard communication, laboratory safety, and many others. The department also conducts fume hood inspections, indoor air quality investigations, accident investigations, and assists units with general safety procedures, such as ladder safety, chemical storage safety, electrical safety, and construction safety.
The mission of UK Health & Safety is to provide a safe and healthful campus for employees, students, and visitors to work and study. This requires more than just complying with regulations and guidelines. The programs, audits and activities that OHS staff members engage in are all part of an overall system designed to help prevent injuries and illnesses: anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control.
- Heat Awareness
- Zika Virus
- Occupational Health and Safety Program for Animal Handlers
- Utility Cart Training
- CSB Investigation into Recent Academic Lab Accidents
- Automated External Defibrillator Use
- Chematix Chemical and Waste Management System
- High Schoolers in UK Laboratories Program
- Laboratory Safety Refresher Training