Minors In Research Laboratories or Animal Facilities
Environmental Health and Safety is committed to helping young researchers understand the risks involved with working in research laboratories or animal facilities and how those risks can be minimized. The Minors In Research Laboratories or Animal Facilities Policy was developed to document the risk assessment decision logic for each proposed project. The risk assessment also provides researchers information on controls and training that are required when certain hazards are present.
- Please read the instructions document
- And complete the Project Registration form
- Fill out the Project Risk Assessment
- Minors In Labs Training
The risk assessment and the project form will be reviewed by EHS and an approval letter will be sent to the Principal investigator once the review is complete. If you have any questions about this process of laboratory safety at UK, please contact Jan Eggum, Lab safety specialist, or Lee Poore.
- Utility Cart Training
- CSB Investigation into Recent Academic Lab Accidents
- Automated External Defibrillator Use
- Chematix Chemical and Waste Management System
- High Schoolers in UK Laboratories Program
- Laboratory Safety Refresher Training