1 2

2 pages, 50 records.
Time Occurred Location Details
Time Occurred Location Details
2020-09-09 03:03:00 0690 - 441 Rose Lane, Unknown Room

An electrical fire occurred inside of the wall in apartment 3 of a Greek facility.  Resident pulled fire alarm after noticing a haze and evacuated building.  Lexington Fire responded and discovered fire inside of the wall in apartment 3 and extinguished the fire.  Electrical wires inside of wall smoldered and ignited.  Apartment 3 is unoccupied at time of fire. Building cleared by Lexington Fire and residents moved to another facility until building can be inspected and safely cleared for occupancy.  No injuries and damage <$5000.

2018-12-05 22:41:00 0069 - ALPHA DELTA PI SOROR,

Fire occured in resident room of the house.  Occupant left lit candles unattended and they fell over onto desk igniting desk and coats.  Another house occupant smelled smoke discovered the fire and pulled fire alarm.  Fire extinguisher used to put out fire and building was not evacuated.  Damage limited to desk and clothing, Lexington Fire and UKPD responded.  No injuries.

2015-11-11 07:30:00 0123 - Blazer Hall, 0314

A fire occurred inside of a common kitchen area on the third floor..  Grease inside of an oven had ignited, damaging the over/stove and smoking up the kitchen and hallway.  Fire was extinguished by Lexington Fire.  Damage limited to the stove.

2016-05-02 05:30:00 0123 - Blazer Hall, 0314

A fire occurred in the oven of a common kitchen area due to an unattended pizza eft cooking in the oven.  Damage was limited to oven and was extinguished by fire extinguisher.

2016-09-07 18:50:00 0008 - BOYD HALL, Unknown Room

A small fire occurred in the oven of the 7th floor kitchen.  Someone left food inside and turned on the self cleaner, igniting food inside and setting off smoke alarm.  Fire self extinguished, Lexington Fire responded cleared the food and smoke.  Damage contained to oven.

2018-12-06 16:35:00 0463 - Boyd Hall, 0500

A small fire on the stove occurred as a result of a student heating oil in a large pot.  Fire extinguished using a fire extinguisher.  Minor damage to the pot and splatter to the countertop and floor from oil.  Lexington Fire responded and cleared the smoke from facility.  No injuries and building cleared by Lex FD.

2020-10-10 15:05:00 2101 - BTP Fraternity, Outside

Two separate small fires were intentionally set at the facility, one on the front porch and the other inside in the dining room.  911 initiated by members of house to report.  UKPD police are investigating.  No injuries and minor damage.

2019-02-03 00:01:00 0104 - Chellgren Hall, ST0100B

Staff discovered a singed cardboard paper towel roll inside of a stairwell during an inspection.  Fire/threat of fire not report to UK Fire Marshal, UKPD and no notification of fire department.  Incident reported through internal system and relayed to UK Fire Marshal.  No damage or injuries.

2019-08-20 08:05:00 0104 - Chellgren Hall, 0229

Occupant of room reported an electrical burining smell and a haze inside of room.  Fire damage limited to HVAC unit, no damage to building and no injuries.

2024-01-09 01:41:54 0104 - Chellgren Hall, 0415 A student intentionally set three paper towel rolls on fire inside of the room. Another student placed them into the sink and extinguished them with water. No fire alarm/smoke detector activation, student did not activate pull station or 911. Fire initially started on 01/09/2024. Reported to UK Fire Marshal on 01/20/2024
2024-01-11 19:53:12 0104 - Chellgren Hall, A small fire was started inside of a resident room by a student who intentionally set three rolls of paper towels on fire and then attempted to disable the fire alarm detection devices for the room. Room residents stopped the individual and extinguished the fire with water. No emergency response, no injuries, and no emergency devices, evacuation of facility. Residents did not report fire incident. Incident occurred 01/11/2024 - reported to UK Fire Marshal 01/20/2024. No damage or injuries.
2016-09-04 12:01:00 0106 - COMMONWEALTH VILLAGE,

Student was cooking something on the stove and then left the apartment.  Upon return the stovetop and cabinet above were on fire and smoke detector going off.  Student used buckets of water to extinguish - did not initiate 911 call or notify anyone.  Fire damage discovered and reported by Uk Housing personnel on 09-07-16.

2015-09-29 16:43:00 0568 - David P Roselle Hall, 0410

A student was cooking and while cleaning up a spill on a stove, the paper towels caught fire.  Extinguished using a cup of water.  No damge or injury.

2019-10-30 18:28:00 0568 - David P Roselle Hall, TL0001

A small fire occurred when elevator belt overheated and melted.  One student was trapped in elevator, extricated by Lexington Fire Dept.  Building evacuated and no injuries and damage limited to elevator belt.  Lexington Fire Dept. cleared scene.

2022-07-21 19:28:12 0568 - David P Roselle Hall, A small fire occurred in a vacuum cleaner in the foyer of the facility. The smoke set off the fire alarm and Lexington Fire responded, removed the vacuum and extinguished fire with a pressurized water extinguisher outside. Damage limited to vacuum, no damage to building and no injuries. Building was unoccupied.
2024-02-04 15:01:21 0568 - David P Roselle Hall, TL0001 A threat of fire presented when a dryer on the 3rd floor of residence smoked due to overloading. Fire alarm engaged, 911 calls initiated, and pull stations on 1st and 3rd floor utilized by residents. Lexington Fire and UKPD responded, building evacuated. Lexington Fire secured dryer, and ventilated smoke from facility. Damage to contents of dryer. Building cleared by fire department. No injuries.
2019-08-17 15:00:00 0068 - DELTA DD SORORITY, 0002

A small fire damaged a solenoid and scorched immediate area during construction in basement of house.  Contractor did not notify house, utilize pull station or call 911. Fire damage noticed August 20, 3 days after during an inspection by the UK Fire Marshal's office.  Damage limited to electrical piece, no injuries

2016-10-24 16:33:00 0068 - DELTA DD SORORITY,

Occupants noticed smell of smoke and burning and pulled fire alarm.  The cause was electrical wires inside of box on second floor has shorted and melted.  Lexington Fire responded and shut power off to facility.  Electrician arrived and corrected the issue and then restored power to facility.  No injuries or damage.  

2017-12-05 14:32:00 0122 - DELTA GAMMA SORORITY,

Occupanst smelled something burning and pulled fire alarm and evacuated building.  Lexington Fire on scene found breaker disengaged in electrical panel caused by a window air conditioning unit in basement that had shorted out and scorched the outlet and wall.  No injuries and damage limited to wall and unit.

2021-01-21 09:35:00 0122 - DELTA GAMMA SORORITY,

A small fire occurred in the boiler in the basement.  UK Fire Marshal, Lexington Fire and UKPD responded to scene.  Damage is limited to boiler.  Building was not occupied.  No injuries.

2019-05-09 16:02:00 0252 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 10, 0263

A small fire occured while occupant pre-heated oven.  An electrical short caused a flame inside of oven through a vent .  Cooking unit turned off and placed out of service.  No damage or injuries reported.

2022-08-22 12:57:44 0252 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 10, 0257 A small fire occurred inside of the apartment when a short inside of a small fan ignited a couch next to it. Occupants used a fire extinguisher to extinguish and called 911. Lexington Fire responded removed the damaged couch and fan and ventilated apartment. No injuries and damage limited to couch and fan.
2024-01-10 20:45:06 0244 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 2, 0123 A fire occurred in the exhaust fan in room 223. Visible flames noted and extinguished by resident prior to Lexington Fire Department arrival. Damage was limited to exhaust fan and surrounding area. No injuries and Lexington Fire cleared the scene.
2016-09-14 09:30:00 0262 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 20, 0186

A fire occurred when a pot being used on the stove was left unattended and resulted in fire and smoke damage to stove and surrounding area.  Lexington Fire and UKPD responded.  No injuries reported.  

1 2

2 pages, 50 records.

Powered by objected oriented PHP. Powered by objected oriented PHP. Flashpoint Ver 1.0
Developed by: Caskey, Damon V.
Copyright © 2024, University of Kentucky.