1 2

2 pages, 50 records.
Time Occurred Location Details
Time Occurred Location Details
2015-09-29 16:43:00 0568 - David P Roselle Hall, 0410

A student was cooking and while cleaning up a spill on a stove, the paper towels caught fire.  Extinguished using a cup of water.  No damge or injury.

2015-11-11 07:30:00 0123 - Blazer Hall, 0314

A fire occurred inside of a common kitchen area on the third floor..  Grease inside of an oven had ignited, damaging the over/stove and smoking up the kitchen and hallway.  Fire was extinguished by Lexington Fire.  Damage limited to the stove.

2016-05-02 05:30:00 0123 - Blazer Hall, 0314

A fire occurred in the oven of a common kitchen area due to an unattended pizza eft cooking in the oven.  Damage was limited to oven and was extinguished by fire extinguisher.

2016-05-06 08:12:00 0150 - KIRWAN III,

A fire occurred inside of a trash can in the basement floor lounge area.  The fire was reported to an RA who in turn called 911, pulled the alarm to evacuate the building, and utilized a fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire.  Damage limited to the trash can.  

2016-09-04 12:01:00 0106 - COMMONWEALTH VILLAGE,

Student was cooking something on the stove and then left the apartment.  Upon return the stovetop and cabinet above were on fire and smoke detector going off.  Student used buckets of water to extinguish - did not initiate 911 call or notify anyone.  Fire damage discovered and reported by Uk Housing personnel on 09-07-16.

2016-09-07 18:50:00 0008 - BOYD HALL, Unknown Room

A small fire occurred in the oven of the 7th floor kitchen.  Someone left food inside and turned on the self cleaner, igniting food inside and setting off smoke alarm.  Fire self extinguished, Lexington Fire responded cleared the food and smoke.  Damage contained to oven.

2016-09-14 09:30:00 0262 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 20, 0186

A fire occurred when a pot being used on the stove was left unattended and resulted in fire and smoke damage to stove and surrounding area.  Lexington Fire and UKPD responded.  No injuries reported.  

2016-10-24 16:33:00 0068 - DELTA DD SORORITY,

Occupants noticed smell of smoke and burning and pulled fire alarm.  The cause was electrical wires inside of box on second floor has shorted and melted.  Lexington Fire responded and shut power off to facility.  Electrician arrived and corrected the issue and then restored power to facility.  No injuries or damage.  

2017-08-12 13:00:00 0677 - University Flats, Outside

 A student was cooking food inside of the oven and left the area.  Food inside burned and caused alot of smoke inside of room and hallway.  No damage to room or surrounding area and no injuries.

2017-08-16 12:57:00 0095 - Jewell Hall, 0101C1

 A paper flier that hung in an elevator was burned also causing minimal damage to the protective tarp that covers the elevator walls.  The flier was reported hung on August 11, 2017 and damage first noted August 15, 2017.  Minimal damage to the protective tarp and no injuries.

2017-09-10 18:00:00 0677 - University Flats, Outside

A small fire occurred in a room as a result of grease dripping from a pan onto a burner on a stovetop.  Student used fire extinguisher to put out fire.  No injuries or damage.

2017-12-05 14:32:00 0122 - DELTA GAMMA SORORITY,

Occupanst smelled something burning and pulled fire alarm and evacuated building.  Lexington Fire on scene found breaker disengaged in electrical panel caused by a window air conditioning unit in basement that had shorted out and scorched the outlet and wall.  No injuries and damage limited to wall and unit.

2018-02-13 17:51:00 0186 - Woodland Glen 4, ST0000B

Fire occurred in a dryer located in the first floor laundry room.  Occupants pulled fire alarm and called 911 evacuated building.  Damage to dryer, contents, and smoke damage to room.  No injuries, fire dept. responded and extinguished fire, removed burned materials and damaged dryer, and vented smoke from the building.  Damage contained to laundry room and dryer unit.

2018-08-11 18:01:00 0190 - SHAWNEETOWN B, B0206

A fire occurred while occupant was cooking on the stove.  Fire extinguisher utilized to put out, no damage or injuries.

2018-08-21 16:22:00 0193 - SHAWNEETOWN E, E0203

A small fire occurred on the stovetop while the occupant was using oil to cook.  Occupant used fire extinguisher to put out, did not call 911 or initiate fire alarm.  No damage and no injuries.  Office notified when occupant attempted to replace the used fire extinguisher.

2018-10-12 19:00:00 0462 - Holmes Hall, 0400

A partially burned paper flyer was discovered on the fourth floor of the resident hall and reported to UKPD.  Damage limited to paper flyer.

2018-10-14 14:26:00 0188 - Woodland Glen 5, 0100A

Light fixture in the ground floor lobby began to smoke, lighting fixture was replaced and the building was cleared for re-entry by Lexington Fire.

2018-12-05 22:41:00 0069 - ALPHA DELTA PI SOROR,

Fire occured in resident room of the house.  Occupant left lit candles unattended and they fell over onto desk igniting desk and coats.  Another house occupant smelled smoke discovered the fire and pulled fire alarm.  Fire extinguisher used to put out fire and building was not evacuated.  Damage limited to desk and clothing, Lexington Fire and UKPD responded.  No injuries.

2018-12-06 16:35:00 0463 - Boyd Hall, 0500

A small fire on the stove occurred as a result of a student heating oil in a large pot.  Fire extinguished using a fire extinguisher.  Minor damage to the pot and splatter to the countertop and floor from oil.  Lexington Fire responded and cleared the smoke from facility.  No injuries and building cleared by Lex FD.

2019-02-03 00:01:00 0104 - Chellgren Hall, ST0100B

Staff discovered a singed cardboard paper towel roll inside of a stairwell during an inspection.  Fire/threat of fire not report to UK Fire Marshal, UKPD and no notification of fire department.  Incident reported through internal system and relayed to UK Fire Marshal.  No damage or injuries.

2019-02-13 11:27:00 0677 - University Flats, A0121

A fire occurred inside a toaster while occupant was making toast.  Occupant started toaster and left room for a few monutes and returned to smoke/flame emitting from toaster.  Occupant unplugged and pushed toaster into sink and used wet towel to extinguish.  Lexington Fire responded.  No injuries and damage limited to toaster and underneath cabinet where toaster was located.  Lexington Fire ventilated smoke from facility and cleared scene.

2019-05-09 16:02:00 0252 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 10, 0263

A small fire occured while occupant pre-heated oven.  An electrical short caused a flame inside of oven through a vent .  Cooking unit turned off and placed out of service.  No damage or injuries reported.

2019-08-17 15:00:00 0068 - DELTA DD SORORITY, 0002

A small fire damaged a solenoid and scorched immediate area during construction in basement of house.  Contractor did not notify house, utilize pull station or call 911. Fire damage noticed August 20, 3 days after during an inspection by the UK Fire Marshal's office.  Damage limited to electrical piece, no injuries

2019-08-20 08:05:00 0104 - Chellgren Hall, 0229

Occupant of room reported an electrical burining smell and a haze inside of room.  Fire damage limited to HVAC unit, no damage to building and no injuries.

2019-09-14 00:46:00 0677 - University Flats, B0420

A loud popping noise in a room was reported by neighboring residents.  Pull station activated, building evacuated, and Lexington Fire responded and discovered a room with smoke inside.  Smoke was caused by pot of food left cooking on stove.  Lexington Fire ventilated the room, no injuries or damage to room.

1 2

2 pages, 50 records.

Powered by objected oriented PHP. Powered by objected oriented PHP. Flashpoint Ver 1.0
Developed by: Caskey, Damon V.
Copyright © 2024, University of Kentucky.