This is a list of all reported fire/drill incidents.
|Time Occurred △||Location||Details|
|Time Occurred △||Location||Details|
|2023-09-10 00:54:39||0080 - Lyman T.Johnson Hall, 0219||AC UNIT SMOKING IN ROOM 219. 911 CALLED AND LEXINGTON FIRE RESPONDED. NO FIRE CONDITIONS AND BLDG OCCUPIED AND EVACUATED. NO INJURIES|
|2023-05-29 09:06:13||0181 - Pigman Hall, B0113||Fire alarm in Pigman activated at 9:06 AM. Lexington Fire Department responded. Electrical fire in AC unit in ALC B-113. Fire cleared and building approved for re-entry by 9:48AM. Building was evacuated by working personnel, no students in the facility. No injuries and property damage limited to AC unit.|
|2023-02-21 03:57:58||0263 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 21, 0176||Cooking fire - small fire contained to pot. Lexington Fire Dept. responded. Evacuated smoke from apartment. No property damage or injuries.|
|2022-08-22 12:57:44||0252 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 10, 0257||A small fire occurred inside of the apartment when a short inside of a small fan ignited a couch next to it. Occupants used a fire extinguisher to extinguish and called 911. Lexington Fire responded removed the damaged couch and fan and ventilated apartment. No injuries and damage limited to couch and fan.|
|2022-07-21 19:28:12||0568 - David P Roselle Hall,||A small fire occurred in a vacuum cleaner in the foyer of the facility. The smoke set off the fire alarm and Lexington Fire responded, removed the vacuum and extinguished fire with a pressurized water extinguisher outside. Damage limited to vacuum, no damage to building and no injuries. Building was unoccupied.|
|2021-08-09 18:44:12||0186 - Woodland Glen 4, 0100||A small fire occurred in an oven while student was cooking and set off smoke alarm. Building alarm initiated and evacuated. No damage and no injuries.|
|2021-04-12 17:38:49||0462 - Holmes Hall, 0101||A fire occurred in the smoker located in the House of Cue dining facility in Holmes Hall. Staff onsite pulled fire alarm, called 911, and initiated fire extinguishers to put out fire. Lexington Fire, UKPD, and UK Fire Marshal responded. Lexington Fire cleared facility and vented Holmes Hall to remove smoke. Cleared by Lex Fire and alarm placed back into service. No injuries and damaged limited to smoker and surrounding area. Restaurant to remain closed until cleaning and fire systems tested and approved.|
|2021-01-21 09:35:00||0122 - DELTA GAMMA SORORITY, 0009||
A small fire occurred in the boiler in the basement. UK Fire Marshal, Lexington Fire and UKPD responded to scene. Damage is limited to boiler. Building was not occupied. No injuries.
|2020-10-13 22:01:00||0677 - University Flats, B0232||
A small fire occurred while student was cooking something in the oven. Student used fire extinguisher to extinguisher and smoke detector engaged. Fire occurred on 10/13/2020 and student did not notify anyone until 10/14/2020. No damage or injuries.
|2020-10-10 15:05:00||2101 - BTP Fraternity, Outside||
Two separate small fires were intentionally set at the facility, one on the front porch and the other inside in the dining room. 911 initiated by members of house to report. UKPD police are investigating. No injuries and minor damage.
|2020-10-02 21:49:00||0677 - University Flats, B0304||
A fire occurred on a stovetop in a student apartment while cooking. Student extinguished by dumping water onto stove. 911 not initiated, fire report forwarded to UK Fire Marshal next day from resident hall director after receiving damage report. Damage limited to stove top, no injuries.
|2020-09-26 23:00:00||0192 - SHAWNEETOWN F, F0102||
A small fire occurred in an oven during cooking. Occupants extinguished with fire extinguisher. Damage limited to stove/oven <$500.00 No injuries. Occuopant did not report fire until next day and notification was forwarded to UK Fire Marshal.
|2020-09-09 03:03:00||0690 - 441 Rose Lane, Unknown Room||
An electrical fire occurred inside of the wall in apartment 3 of a Greek facility. Resident pulled fire alarm after noticing a haze and evacuated building. Lexington Fire responded and discovered fire inside of the wall in apartment 3 and extinguished the fire. Electrical wires inside of wall smoldered and ignited. Apartment 3 is unoccupied at time of fire. Building cleared by Lexington Fire and residents moved to another facility until building can be inspected and safely cleared for occupancy. No injuries and damage <$5000.
|2020-08-04 10:40:00||0654 - LTS Building 100, B0105||
A small grease fire occurred on a stovetop while student was cooking. Student used a fire extinguisher to extinguish. Damage limited to stovetop and no injuries.
|2020-06-30 09:01:00||0192 - SHAWNEETOWN F, F0150A||
A small fire occurred in a bathroom stall in the laundry room of the facility on an unknown date/time. Damage was discovered by maintenance personnel and was minor with toilet paper dispenser and wall. Notification made 06/30/2020 to UK Fire Marshal and UKPD when damage was discovered.
|2019-10-30 18:28:00||0568 - David P Roselle Hall, TL0001||
A small fire occurred when elevator belt overheated and melted. One student was trapped in elevator, extricated by Lexington Fire Dept. Building evacuated and no injuries and damage limited to elevator belt. Lexington Fire Dept. cleared scene.
|2019-10-29 07:49:00||0677 - University Flats, B0547||
A small fire occurred on a stove while occupant was cooking. Fire was extinguished by occupant. No injuries or damage.
|2019-09-14 00:46:00||0677 - University Flats, B0420||
A loud popping noise in a room was reported by neighboring residents. Pull station activated, building evacuated, and Lexington Fire responded and discovered a room with smoke inside. Smoke was caused by pot of food left cooking on stove. Lexington Fire ventilated the room, no injuries or damage to room.
|2019-08-20 08:05:00||0104 - Chellgren Hall, 0229||
Occupant of room reported an electrical burining smell and a haze inside of room. Fire damage limited to HVAC unit, no damage to building and no injuries.
|2019-08-17 15:00:00||0068 - DELTA DD SORORITY, 0002||
A small fire damaged a solenoid and scorched immediate area during construction in basement of house. Contractor did not notify house, utilize pull station or call 911. Fire damage noticed August 20, 3 days after during an inspection by the UK Fire Marshal's office. Damage limited to electrical piece, no injuries
|2019-05-09 16:02:00||0252 - G PAGE ST VU BLDG 10, 0263||
A small fire occured while occupant pre-heated oven. An electrical short caused a flame inside of oven through a vent . Cooking unit turned off and placed out of service. No damage or injuries reported.
|2019-02-13 11:27:00||0677 - University Flats, A0121||
A fire occurred inside a toaster while occupant was making toast. Occupant started toaster and left room for a few monutes and returned to smoke/flame emitting from toaster. Occupant unplugged and pushed toaster into sink and used wet towel to extinguish. Lexington Fire responded. No injuries and damage limited to toaster and underneath cabinet where toaster was located. Lexington Fire ventilated smoke from facility and cleared scene.
|2019-02-03 00:01:00||0104 - Chellgren Hall, ST0100B||
Staff discovered a singed cardboard paper towel roll inside of a stairwell during an inspection. Fire/threat of fire not report to UK Fire Marshal, UKPD and no notification of fire department. Incident reported through internal system and relayed to UK Fire Marshal. No damage or injuries.
|2018-12-06 16:35:00||0463 - Boyd Hall, 0500||
A small fire on the stove occurred as a result of a student heating oil in a large pot. Fire extinguished using a fire extinguisher. Minor damage to the pot and splatter to the countertop and floor from oil. Lexington Fire responded and cleared the smoke from facility. No injuries and building cleared by Lex FD.
|2018-12-05 22:41:00||0069 - ALPHA DELTA PI SOROR,||
Fire occured in resident room of the house. Occupant left lit candles unattended and they fell over onto desk igniting desk and coats. Another house occupant smelled smoke discovered the fire and pulled fire alarm. Fire extinguisher used to put out fire and building was not evacuated. Damage limited to desk and clothing, Lexington Fire and UKPD responded. No injuries.