Welcome to the University of Kentucky's Health & Safety Department. Health & Safety is responsible for all OSHA-related programs, such as respiratory protection, hearing conservation, bloodborne pathogens, hazard communication, laboratory safety, and many others. The department also conducts fume hood inspections, indoor air quality investigations, accident investigations, and assists units with general safety procedures, such as ladder safety, chemical storage safety, electrical safety, and construction safety.
The mission of UK Health & Safety is to provide a safe and healthful campus for employees, students, and visitors to work and study. This requires more than just complying with regulations and guidelines. The programs, audits and activities that OHS staff members engage in are all part of an overall system designed to help prevent injuries and illnesses: anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control.
Coming soon: New radiation waste and inventory system.
Wildcats Walk Safely! Be a Safe Pedestrian at UK
- SASP SOP for Researchers
- SASP Process Flowchart for Researchers
- SASP Training for Researchers
- SASP Training for DLAR personnel
a new location. Make sure to update your bookmarks!
- Researchers DEA Controlled Substance Guide
- Heat Awareness
- Zika Virus
- Occupational Health and Safety Program for Animal Handlers
- Utility Cart Training
- CSB Investigation into Recent Academic Lab Accidents
- Automated External Defibrillator Use
- Chematix Chemical and Waste Management System
- HERO (Hazard Education, Recording, and Observation) Application
- High Schoolers in UK Laboratories Program