MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEETS|
(ref. section (g) of 29 CFR 1910.1200.)
Previous | Hazard Communication Program | Next
- Each work station or area shall have a MATERIAL SAFETY DATA SHEET (MSDS) for each hazardous chemical used.
- Each MSDS shall be reviewed to ensure its completeness (no blank spaces are permitted on the MSDS). The MSDS shall be updated as new information becomes available. The old MSDS shall not be discarded.
- MSDS's will be available for review during each work shift. Copies of the MSDSs for all hazardous chemicals to which section employees may be exposed will be maintained in room_________________________________.
- Hazardous chemicals will not be accepted in the work place without MSDSs being provided or requested. MSDSs shall not be developed by the University or by any department.
- Requests shall be made to the suppliers, IN WRITING, to provide MSDSs if not supplied with shipment. A copy of the request letter shall be retained by the user. Refer to appendix B.